Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon has crazy tender melt in your mouth beef and hearty veggies slow cooked to perfection in a rich sauce. This meal is comforting and perfect for the cold months ahead. These are my requirements for the perfect beef stew:✔️ Tender melt in your mouth beef✔️ A thick and rich sauce✔️ Big hearty pieces of vegetables, preferably carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms. This stew had all of that and more and my family couldn’t get enough of it.
- 5 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut to 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup red cooking wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- 5 Medium Carrots, sliced
- 1 pound baby potatoes (I used tri color)
- 8 ounce fresh mushrooms, sliced
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Put bacon in slow cooker. Salt and pepper the beef and add to the skillet and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes. Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the red wine to the skillet scraping down the brown bits on the side. Allow it to simmer and reduce and slowly add chicken broth, and tomato sauce, and soy sauce. Slowly whisk in the flour. Add the sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add garlic, thyme, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms to the slow cooker. Give it a good stir and cook on low until beef is tender for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8. Garnish with fresh parley and serve with mashed potatoes if desired.