One Pan Chili Lime Chicken and Rice is made in one pan with minimal ingredients but is packed with amazing flavor! Your entire family will love this easy 3o minute meal. I present you a simple dish with a high value at the same time. The whole idea of making a main dish and a side dish in a single pan without having to worry about separate cooking times, or removing a million baked goods is a kind of genius. And I’m always looking for simple dinners at 30 minutes, all the family will love, Enjoy.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- juice of 1 lime, plus additional lime wedges for serving
- chopped cilantro for topping
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2¼ cups chicken broth
- Stir together chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Season chicken with half of the seasoning mixture and set remaining seasoning aside.
- Drizzle a pan with oil over and bring to medium heat. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add rice, remaining seasonings, chicken broth, and lime juice to pan and stir to combine. Return chicken to pan on top of the rice. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until liquid is dissolved.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Top with cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Serve immediately.